Re: I Require Permission

Author:Dennis Peterson
Posted:9/2/1999; 7:50:40 PM
Topic:Automated deep linking

Suppose they have a contract agreement which goes like this: "We agree to provide you with answers to your queries, if you agree not to hit our site with a high-volume robot. Submitting a query constitutes acceptance of this agreement."

Copyright's not involved, just their desire not to have their server overloaded. I don't know if this would be valid or not, or if there would be any legal penalty other than just not serving your queries anymore, which they can do anyway.