Re: Aren't headlines authored text?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/3/1999; 7:11:40 AM
Topic:Automated deep linking

If I'm not storing the content, just scraping the links and generating some sort of link, where do we cross the line?? Again, is it becuase it's automated...? Tricky here...interesting.

Yes, I think automation is the key. It's impossible to argue that the scraper agent is creative. It's absolutely uncreative, it's a Turing Machine, not an intelligent human. It can't express anything. It's automatic, not judgmental.