Re: Can I script Outlook Express or Eudora?

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:9/6/1999; 5:35:07 PM
Topic:Can I script Outlook Express or Eudora?

I'm tempted to say that this is part of Microsoft's plan to convince everyone to use Outlook. It worked on me!

I don't think there's any reason why mail clients shouldn't use fast, scalable databases. This seems to be hindered by some people's desire to have backwards/sideways compatibility (AFAIK Eudora uses the same ancient mailbox format as most Unix mailers) or the perception that a real database is really expensive; that may have been true at some point, but in a few years it won't be.

I figure that the mental effort to decide whether or not to delete a particular message probably costs more than the disk space necessary to keep the message, so why delete messages at all?