Script possibilities...

Author:Ken Kennedy
Posted:9/7/1999; 7:32:11 AM
Topic:Can I script Outlook Express or Eudora?

Just thinking aloud; it's not really necessary to script the mail program (OE or Eudora), as long as you can read the mail FILE. (*.pst in OE, I don't know what with Eudora). As someone mentioned earlier, this is easy (relatively) on a UNIX box, the mailbox formats are nice, and well documented. I don't imagine MS's is so nice...I'll go looking for some notes, though. And I haven't used Eudora in YEARS...any info on the mailbox format would be appreciated...

Anyway, if you know the mailbox format, you can write a script to do what you want, Dave. I'd write it in perl, but you could convert to frontier. Maybe I'll download the nice, shiny new frontier demo, and work with that after I've finished the perl script. I've got the logic for the script, because I do almost exactly the same thing now, just on a UNIX box.

And Outlook 2000 is nicely scriptable with VBA (FINALLY!) You could easily do it inside O2K; I just haven't gotten it yet.

Ken