Re: The miracle of the date line lets me tell your future

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/7/1999; 6:47:26 PM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

No you didn't offend me! You tweaked me in a way I like. I am a mystic. At some level I believe that if you're OK, I'm OK too. (I think that's a title of some book actually.)

I have an interesting idea. We should set a record that probably never will be beat or at least certainly will not be beat in our lifetimes.

I want to send an XML-RPC message (with apologies to Angus Davis) from one millenium to another and get a response back, from the next millenium. It would be a way of focusing on how incredibly well computers work. Who would have forseen the need for this back in the 1960s. (Who can forsee it now?)

Anyway, I'd like the benefit of the cheek. That is, when in doubt, assume my tongue is in my cheek! (Another idiom.)