List performance, searching for...

Author:Andreas Hellström
Posted:9/8/1999; 8:59:30 AM
Topic:List performance, searching for...

A while ago (one year maybe) there was a link on scripting.com to a (community) site with a tutorial about list handling in Frontier. Especially, there was some comparisons regarding performance for different kinds of list handling in UserTalk.

I tried to search for that page at Search.Userland.Com; trying out "list performance", "list comparison", "lists", etc...without any success (but too many hits). Seems to me what is lacking is boolean searches ("list and comparison").

Does anybody know what page/site I am looking for? Or even better, does anybody have some valuable input to the problem I am trying to solve by finding this page:

Is there any better way to build up a list of lists than with this approach:

newList=true listIndex=1 for (i=1 to 200) newList[listIndex] = { {someValue1,someValue2} } listIndex++

Using Frontier v5, this takes too long for my needs.

Andreas Hellstrom