Re: Don Hopkins, the Gilligan of the Net?

Author:Fredrik Lundh
Posted:9/10/1999; 6:45:06 AM
Topic:Summary of recent XML-RPC developments

according to Python book author Mark Lutz, we're all Gilligans:

Like Gilligan, software engineers are often asked to perform tasks with arguably inappropriate tools. Like Gilligan, our intentions are sound, but technology can hold us back. And like poor Gilligan, we inevitably must bear the brunt of management's wrath, when our systems are delivered behind schedule. You can't get there with bananas and coconuts...

(from Programming Python)