Re: An RSS categorization proposal

Author:David A. Mundie
Posted:9/11/1999; 6:08:41 PM
Topic:rss channels via email

"Even the best clasification scheme is just a supplement to a good search engine."

I agree totally, except that I would have switched it around: "Even the best search engine is just a supplement to a good classification scheme."

"I want to spend my time reading, reflecting, and learning..NOT categorizing and filing!"

You seem to be confusing the role of the cataloguer and the role of the catalogue user. The cataloguer toils so that the user may spend his time reading, reflecting, and learning...NOT floundering around in an incomprehensible classification space.