Re: Frontier Frames Support

Author:Richard Sucgang
Posted:9/14/1999; 8:26:07 PM
Topic:Frontier Frames Support

Hi, Sam,

Glad to hear from you. I took a look at your pages, and it looks like it is a good approach. Still a ton of things are hardcoded.

That is the one thing that got me to get Macromedia's Dreamweaver. It is difficult to separate form and content on that platform, but it is possible. So, I am building my site in two parts - those pages that are being done in frames, and those that aren't. The latter are constructed in Frontier, and I use the rendered site as the prototype site for Dreamweaver. Finally, I render another site from the Dreamweaver prototype site. It is a terrible kludge - content management is far superior in Frontier, and making a common glossary feature is practically impossible since the Dreamweaver-based pages don't flow through the OBDB.

Oh, well, I'll get back to digging.

-r