Re: SOAP: What does it add beyond XML-RPC?

Author:Steven Livingstone
Posted:9/14/1999; 9:14:17 PM
Topic:SOAP: What does it add beyond XML-RPC?

I think it's actually a pretty big gamble for them. It is completely open and I think if it hadn't been MS then it may have been OK.

I like the new Variant type myself, but I think it just looks cleaner and more detailed than the current spec (I'm not being checky Dave, as you were no doubt heavily involved in SOAP for this reason?).

Some of the things SOAP offers I wanted from XML-RPC but I didn't wnat to start going down the road of non-standard though.

The firewall things seems odd - I'll have to re-read it methinks.

Cheers Steven