Web Intermediaries

Author:johnseq@pobox.com
Posted:9/15/1999; 8:02:23 AM
Topic:New Third Voice version out

A friend of mine worked on language translation software that worked exactly the same as Third voice. You installed a proxy, surfed Japanese sites which were then rendered to the browser in English. I think this technology is awesome (scalable content?) and inevitable - xhtml will make it MUCH easier, though I'm not up on the merits of the current implementations or their legality.

See WBI from IBM (http://www.almaden.ibm.com/cs/wbi/) for some ideas.