Re: We're going to have some fun at Third Voice's expense

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:9/15/1999; 12:19:15 PM
Topic:New Third Voice version out

Network wizards, can you tell what port a TCP/IP connection is coming from? 3333 is the proxy server.

Yes, you can tell, but it normally doesn't help you a whole lot, since it's typically only the destination port that's important. The source port is also different for each connection that you make.

Hmmm... How about hitting a frontier server that has a /echo responder running? Try http://209.245.177.3/echo . That will tell you what headers you're sending out (suitable modified by my proxy server :). Post the results or email them to me.

eric