Re: Possible Good Uses for Local Proxy

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/15/1999; 5:40:33 PM
Topic:New Third Voice version out

You can distribute prefs.root from your server, but we have to coordinate with Brent. It's going to be part of 6.x, probably 6.2, but in the meantime, the more systems it's on the better, as far as I'm concerned. There's some new stuff that hasn't gone out at all yet, the "prefs distributor" server that keeps all our servers in synch prefs-wise. But the short answer is, yes, you can distribute it from your server.