Re: Communities for tech women

Author:Lynn Siprelle
Posted:9/16/1999; 2:19:34 PM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

>I'm not sure why, but a publicly-accessible archive is a hot button for a lot of women.

In the earlier days of the net, when the online women were few, just being female was cause for all kinds of odd and unwelcome contact from Horny Net Geeks. It rarely, like almost never, happens to me any more (and when it does, that's why the Goddess invented the delete key). But some women either remember those days or heard about those days and it makes them nervous. Hence, any publicly accessible anything with their names on it that they don't directly control is a hot button. Not for me, but for some.