Women and Flaming

Author:Erik Neu
Posted:9/17/1999; 5:34:46 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

You both make, I think, very valid points about flaming. Way too common in on-line discussions, way less common among women.

I also agree with the observation that single-gender organizations, of any kind, have their place. It will always be tricky, in that: 1) Members of the other gender (most often this will be men), will want reciprocity. Some of these will be well-intentioned, others less so...which brings me to point #2 2) There IS a sticky wicket, when one gender's "club" happens to be dominant. The Citadel case would be an example of this.

Where there is goodwill and honesty, there is a way, though.

PS I think LinuxChix is an inspired name.