Re: XML-RPC in message queue products

Author:Steven Livingstone
Posted:9/17/1999; 11:16:34 AM
Topic:XML-RPC in message queue products

Funnily enough, I (and everybody else visiting the BizTalk site !!) am working with them just now (Dan Rogers mainly) on the BizTalk site to develop an offline message reader (_it has just started_) similar to what you have done with XML RPC.

What they are going for first will really be nothing like the XML RPC methods we have used, but will use the BizTalk framework, XSL etc..

However, I am going to write a COM component for SOAP (when I get 5 mins) and maybe later this can be integrated. This has all happened this week, so I am still trying to read the thousands of pages of docs.

This seems like an area of commonality though doesn't it? Have a look at the discussion forum at www.biztalk.org (choose the communiry tab and then Community Projects) to see what has been proposed.

I agree with the people at BizTalk (and SOAP) that they are "complementary technologies", but why not exploit this? We could have a completely generic news reader which could work with any other (including yours !?).

Cheers Steven