The importance of beautiful interfaces

Author:James Carlyle
Posted:9/17/1999; 11:17:04 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

It *is* beautiful. I want one

Sorry, I was just being flippant.

But although my head tells me that this smooth interface is just window-dressing, my heart tells me to play and interact with it. It's just a shame that I don't have Danny Goodman working for me.

Window-dressing an interface *does* attact people and encourage them to use it. It also helps attract VCs. It's more important than it should be.

This reminded me of another XML-based site, from Guy Murphy (http://www.guy-murphy.easynet.co.uk/, IE5 only), who I used to meet for lunch.