Mapping syndication relationships

Author:James Carlyle
Posted:9/17/1999; 12:40:25 PM
Topic:scriptingNews XSL for Microsoft XML Parser(IE5)

You're right. xmlTree started off being a directory of XML content. While this is interesting in itself, it ain't half as interesting as being a directory of syndication flow *between* XML content resources.

I need to think about this (it's late here), but I would guess that establishing who is doing what with who's XML data (i.e. mapping the syndication flow) would be at least an order of magnitude harder.

This is because it's about discovering relationships, instead of the mere existence of XML data / application interfaces. The only thing I can think of is asking people to register on xmlTree when they discover and start to syndicate XML content from others.

James

p.s. I am thinking of overhauling xmlTree so that the parameters etc. for XML-RPC interfaces can be better represented. It's not the same as interface introspection (discussed at http://www.xmlrpc.com/discuss/msgReader$56 and http://www.xmlrpc.com/discuss/msgReader$40), but it would be crawlable by robot).