Re: Desktop.com

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/21/1999; 6:26:52 PM
Topic:Desktop.com

Phil, I think the company in the best position to produce such a piece of software is Macromedia. A few years back I proposed to them that we do a source code merge, Flash and Frontier, and do a high-fidelity web. It wouldn't grok HTML, it would only do Flash content. The development tools would be deeply integrated in the runtime. They didn't get excited by the idea. I would have dropped everything to do it. I think that was 2.5 years ago. It would still be a good idea. I can't believe I'm still looking at jaggies and using this fecockta editor.