Re: Global glossary

Author:David Carter-Tod
Posted:9/23/1999; 10:30:18 AM
Topic:Global glossary

The Global "Glossary" has grown big quickly, mostly I suspect because of the Zeldman icons. It's given me food for thought:

Is there a way to place some kind of categorization on the glossary, e.g. people, images, etc. Merely from the perspective of the website, might you be able do something like the xml-based navigation thingy in mainresponder?

I don't know whether this is a surface issue, i.e. having a flat structure is a good thing, just present it hierarchically, or whether there's something more fundamental here. I know that glossaries are hierarchical, i.e. you can have a #glossary table at various levels of a website, but lower items don't bubble up. That probably wouldn't work with this system though.

Not sure where I'm going with this, but put it under the general topic of food for thought on glossary management (more like a snack, really). I'm going to have to think about it some more. Ideas anyone?

David