Re: Windows apps on Linux: the real reason

Author:David Valentine
Posted:9/24/1999; 1:42:49 PM
Topic:Windows apps on Linux: the real reason

As I mentioned in a different path, MS sees the WinCE API as the portability future. Can frontier be built to run on CE?

Let's see what we've heard in the past few days: Soap, Web-Based Office Apps, MS CE-based MSN Network compter, and More Expensive Internet access.

MSN to offer Net computer http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-123125.html?tag=st.ne.ron.lthd.1006-200-123125

MS has a vision, they just don't really want to tell all the companies about it, until they get THEIR apps are ported. is MS office going WinCE? It will eliminate the Legacy code, runs Multiple CPU's, and it will lighten up the applications.

Well, maybe not, the Win CE device is probably only to run MS Terminal Server.