Re: Weblog breakage

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/26/1999; 4:04:35 PM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

The breakage is there, what it's related to exactly, I don't know yet. Right now I'm working on the HTML renderings. When this part is working, the folder on Nirvana that contains the HTML renderings will be maintained, and there's a new folder on static.userland.com that accumlates all the new renderings.

This transition is like having a body, and taking out one brain and putting in three brains in the same space! When it's done, My.UserLand will just be a user interface. It will talk to the aggregator as I imagine other applications on other people's servers will. The hosted weblogs need to be fixed, but that comes late in the process, it may make sense to move them to a different server altogether, or for now, encourage people to use one of the other hosting services that are around.