Re: Look and feel of a web site...

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/27/1999; 9:58:54 AM
Topic:Windows apps on Linux: the real reason

Even if Microsoft chose to include one with IE, I doubt that too many people will want their browsing experience to be cluttered with a bunch of mindless spam over all the sites. I know I wouldn't.

If you knew you had a choice. I suggest that everyone on this DG find a web newbie (there are millions of them) and watch them use the web. Find the glitches in how they use it. Tell them they can turn things off that they don't want on. This would be the most positive thing you can do. And it can try your patience. The problem is that they usually don't know that there's more to the web than they have discovered on their own. You'd be amazed at the things they leave turned on because it never occurred to them that they can turn them off.