Re: What's the deal with Third Voice?

Author:tom.jeffery@hsa.hitachi.com
Posted:9/27/1999; 9:57:23 AM
Topic:Windows apps on Linux: the real reason

I think I see a disconnect here--You thought your website was your home, but to me, the viewer, it seems to be in my home: I'm sitting in my den, at my computer, looking a your site on my screen. It doesn't feel like I've been invited into your home. Like they say on TV, "Thanks for inviting us into your home."

Is this wrong? Should I wipe my feet before I visit your site? Consider from the point of view of every jerk who views your site (or "visits" it!).

As for the destruction of the web if TV catches on, like the destruction of UseNet and email by spam, I think this is both true and exaggerated.