Re: Web Users Own the Method of Presentation, Not Publishers

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/28/1999; 9:53:31 AM
Topic:Windows apps on Linux: the real reason

Dave Winer's campaign against Third Voice reminds me of the kvetching we heard from graphic designers when they realized the Web could not be used for WYSIWYG design. Some people are always going to resist change for the sake of resisting it.

You'll win a lot of friends that way. "qbullet.sidesmiley"

For your information, I am one of the proponents of complete separation of form from content. I started syndicating Scripting News in XML almost two years ago, when no one was doing it. I run My.UserLand.Com which is an aggregator for this kind of content. I also develop a content management system for people who do websites, again, with the key idea being the separation of form from content.

You'll learn more by listening than by making sweeping comments that lump people you clearly don't know with people you clearly don't like.

If any Third Voice users are tuned in, check out Rogers' home page. See the little boy? Want to have sex with him?

http://www.prefect.com/

I wonder if Rogers would object to your comments on his site? After all, he doesn't own the presentation.