Re: News stories not propogating

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/2/1999; 12:08:04 PM
Topic:News stories not propogating

To close the loop, I verified that I found and fixed the bug.

The home page of My.UserLand was calling an old script that found a channel table, and if it failed to find the channel, it wouldn't display the story. But it was looking in a table that is no longer being maintained. So it rejected stories from Zac's channel because it had been registered after the switchover to the new software.

There probably are other cases where we're relying on old code, but I'm now out of time for the day. The net-net is that new stories from Zac's channel should now display on the My.UserLand home page when they appear.