Re: XML-RPC Interface for Email

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/6/1999; 1:49:06 PM
Topic:

It's less risky because Eric already has the functionality running in Frontier. I guess I'm reluctant to make an issue out of Frontier. It may be just as good at scaling as a Unix solution, but if it fails, we're going to have to divert Frontier development resources to fixing whatever is broken. I think this is one of those cases where there's not a great upside in developing it in Frontier. I at least want to fully explore the other options, and maybe see if we could offload the development of the mail server entirely and do what we do best, which is scripting interfaces. I think if I had a few days to work privately I could spec out a pretty good one. I've done a fair amount of email scripting in past lives.