Re: Uptime

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/14/1999; 10:28:52 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

I didn't make it clear what I was looking for:

1. No need for email on this, I just want an XML-RPC interface so I can ask their server if they know about this server that wants to hook into my story flow. If it comes back with a low rating I might not allow them to hook in.

2. I don't really care about the server, I care about the *net-effect*. If they're on a flaky ISP with a lousy peering arrangement, that totally matters. Basically I want to know the net likelihood that if I call them, they're actually likely to be there to respond.