Re: Sports commentary

Author:Geoff Allen
Posted:10/20/1999; 7:57:18 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

Does anybody remember the football game (the Raiders were one of the teams, if I recall correctely) that was broadcast by one of the networks with no commentary? This was probably in the late 70s or early 80s. Anyway, the idea was tried once, and flopped.

Personally, I really like Joe Morgan, and I like Bob Costas. During the regular season Jon Miller and Joe Morgan are one of the best teams in the business.

I've actually been fortunate in my "baseball fan" life. I used to live in Dodger territory, where I got to listen to Vin Sculley, and now I'm in Mariner territory, where I get to listen to Dave Niehaus. These two have very different styles and personalities, but both are the type you bring a radio to the game with you, so you can hear them. There's no better compliment than that.