Re: Davenet: Alternative Commentary

Author:David Carter-Tod
Posted:10/20/1999; 7:27:18 AM
Topic:Re: Davenet: Alternative Commentary

One would think that, by now, with the Internet and "convergence" that I would have my choice of talk-tracks.

In some countries you do (even without the Internet). Most modern TVs have alternate talk-tracks--they just don't get used for much, except alternate languages sometimes.

In Japan the daily news is broadcast in Japanese, but also in English on the alternative track. Same is true for English-speaking movies, which you can watch in English or dubbed.

Similarly, some baseball games have a regular commentary, and also an alternate track that sounds like a bunch of guys having a beer and talking about the game (I never quite understood the details).

David