Sash?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/20/1999; 10:27:34 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

IBM: "Sash enables web developers to rapidly create network based applications that integrate seamlessly into the common desktop environment using standard web development tools such as JavaScript, XML, and HTML."

What do you guys think of Sash?

I know it only runs on Windows, let's skip comments to that effect.

They say it can be used for Intranet applications.

Does this make sense?

Also, technical questions -- do they build on the MS browser control, or has IBM created a new HTML rendering JavaScript environment?

I am emailing with people at IBM about this, so if you have questions you'd like me to pass along, post them here.

As I said on the SN HP, this looks interesting!