Re: No one reads *anything*

Author:Nicholas Riley
Posted:10/25/1999; 11:52:51 AM
Topic:Jeff Bezos' Patent

The same thing, sadly, can be said of physicians. By self report, British consultants spend only 15-60 minutes per week reading about their patients' problems, and up to 30% spend none.

So what is there we can do to make this information more accessible to physicians, or this type of work considered more valuable (just as with engineers)? One of the repercussions of this is that patients are the ones who are doing the reading now, with the associated problems of comprehension and reliability.

(Yes, this is peripherally relevant to my research, but I've never heard of it in this context :-)

--Nicholas