new log: The 259 Diaries

Author:Steve Ivy
Posted:11/8/1999; 5:38:50 PM
Topic:new log: The 259 Diaries

There's been some measure of talk recently about single-topic or sole-purpose blogs. In the interest of my own satisfaction, I've started The 259 Dairies, a "blog"-like site devoted to journaling the life of the old Victorian house my wife and I are in the process of buying.

It may not be updated as frequently as a lot of other blogs, but I hope to make it interesting. It's largely for personal and family use, but I'll be writing stories about the process, and collecting links to useful home-related sites, and I hope that anyone who stumbles across the site will come away enlightened and with their spirits lifted.

Some may question the wisdom of posting a website actually associated with an address. This is an experiment and the risk is one I'll take. I have access to a really nice SLR digital camera with which I'm going to document the transformation of 259 Florida Ave, and I'll post interesting emails, so anyone who's polite can participate.

Best wishes, and see ya round the net!

--Steve

P.S. Home-improvement site suggestions, well-wishes, or offers to help can be sent to 259@redmonk.net. ;-)

P.P.S. Would this be of interest to my.userland readers? I don't have The Diaries linked into the XML thing yet. Feedback to 259@redmonk.net.