Re: RSS Issues: Comments requested

Author:Ken MacLeod
Posted:11/10/1999; 1:58:38 PM
Topic:RSS Issues: Comments requested

From my experience with RFC822 as used in email and UseNet news, the "X-" namespace is just as conflicted as the "" (empty or official) namespace.

I don't understand the reluctance to allowing each person or organization to define their own prefix, in a standard way. That way you can have ScriptingNews:category and Slashdot:category and not be worried about confusing the two category tags.

You might think the namespace for the prefixes might also conflict, and there's an easy solution to that, but it appears to be highly controversal in this thread.