Ted Nelson's books

Author:Dan Lyke
Posted:11/10/1999; 2:30:21 PM
Topic:T. Nelson Critique of Embedded Markup

I've been amazed to follow a few comments in this thread speculating about stuff laid out back in Literary Machines, and had the people commenting read it we could be talking about whether or not it's a good idea, rather than what he meant. And it amazed me that people interested in the web and information modeling and flow might not have read Nelson's Literary Machines (to see what people were thinking two decades ago) or Bush's As We May Think (Written back in 1945!).

A quick run to Xanadu.com shows thatLiterary Machines is available from Eastgate.

(Oh, and Dave, I realize that you've gone completely to the dark side and are content that we use XML for content and HTML for visual description but would it be possible to allow