Re: RSS Issues: Comments requested

Author:Bryant Durrell
Posted:11/10/1999; 3:26:45 PM
Topic:RSS Issues: Comments requested

I can't argue with that. I thought about it some more, and looked at the RSS spec, and realized that it was loose enough so that namespace conflict isn't much of a problem -- very few elements have specified formats. So hey, it's all text...

The only exception -- I'd still really like to see a date format that's easy to manipulate. I don't care what it is, but I think it should be easy to write code that can, say, sort entries by the date element, or decide if a given entry is more than a week old.

Course, I'm just one guy. ;)