Re: CNN BE article

Author:Sam Yates
Posted:11/11/1999; 4:53:16 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

I found this quote amusing (hey whats a few digits when you're talking world domination anyway):

"Bill Gates' Microsoft weighs in with sales of $19 million and a product line, Windows, that runs 100 million computers, 90 percent of the market."

So lets say that 100 million is spread out over 10 years worth of buying. That means each copy of Windows must have averaged out to cost about $2. ";->" That has to be the best software deal ever. Too bad Microsoft couldn't get numbers like that admitted as evidence in their trial; they'd be in a lot less hot water.

Disclaimer: This is in no way a rip on the CNN site. It's one of my most frequently used resources on the web. Plus, hey it's early (or late depending on how you look at it).

PS Dave, don't you ever sleep? My goodness, I click over to Scripting News to go through yesterdays links and there's already stuff for Thursday at 4:00AM PST. That's what I call a passion for what you are doing.