Re: LibJPEG?

Author:Dave Polaschek
Posted:11/11/1999; 5:25:44 AM
Topic:LibJPEG?

Is there anything comparable to LibGD for JPEGs? The goal would be to automatically create thumbnails of JPEGs for a large site, and I would love to do it out of Frontier.

There's a C library that'll handle most of the functionality you need. It's available at ftp://ftp.uu.net//graphics/jpeg/jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz and isn't that difficult to port to Mac or Windows.

I'm currently writing up the vacation I took in October for the web and sorting through the pictures I took with my digital camera. I used Frontier to tell Adobe ImageReady to do all my thumbnailing (becuase I already had ImageReady, and this is a fun project that's already taken longer than I'd hoped, so I want to finish before it quits being fun), otherwise I'd consider porting the library, but I agree that having a suite that could do that would be handy.

-DaveP