MacOS X Server and Frontier

Author:David Detlefsen
Posted:11/12/1999; 12:03:30 PM
Topic:MacOS X Server and Frontier

Does anyone have experience with frontier running under the MacOS X Server? It seems like it should work...my understanding is the Macintosh Compatibility Environment (blue box) is 8.5.1 and applications that don't mess with directly with hardware will run.

An even more bizarre question, if frontier runs, could the frontier under blue box communicate with apache that's running in the unix environment on the same mac? I realize this would probably not be efficient but it would be an interesting experiment.

I'm thinking about upgrading my server...which means both frontier and webstar server suite 4.0 would have to work.