MS Monoplism and Hardware OEM's

Author:Erik Neu
Posted:11/15/1999; 11:25:50 AM
Topic:MS Monoplism and Hardware OEM's

In the Nov 8 DaveNet, Dave W. suggested that Microsoft's control over hardware OEM's was a subject deserving of more inquiry; excerpt of interest is shown below.

The PBS version of Robert X. Cringely provides an analysis of the opinion which sounds to me like maybe it does provide some illumination on this point.

(EXCERPTED FROM 11/08/1999 DAVENET) In response to Saturday's DaveNet, a writer asked if Microsoft's power was of any concern to me at all. The answer is yes, but I limited my comments on Saturday to issues that the Jackson finding focused on. For some unknown reason the government hasn't pressed Microsoft and the hardware OEMs to open the terms of their license agreements.