Re: Cheap servers

Author:Scott Burton
Posted:11/15/1999; 9:27:28 PM
Topic:Rewrite of surveys.userland.com

These posts have confirmed my doubt about the brand of card that we were trying to install.

the machine outperformed a Beige G3/233 from Apple in most tests I ran. Wow! That definately is justification for the upgrade. I have an old 6100/66 I was considering converting into a Frontier Server. Maybe I should give it a try and see how it turns out. The only thing I can see as a limitation is the small amount of RAM you are stuck with. I remember seeing (a few years ago) a RAM card you could buy that would let you ad more SIMMS to your 6100. 6100's are small and would fit nicely at my current Colo. I can scrounge up a couple more 6100's for free too maybe. Hmmm