recommendation for DDS repair?

Author:Thomas A. Creedon
Posted:11/15/1999; 9:06:28 PM
Topic:recommendation for DDS repair?

Hello all,

I have a DAT tape backup drive that's gone down on me. I think it failed because the drive under it, in my drive stack, had a fan failure. Therefor exposing the tape drive to high heat. When I use it, it just keeps searching and searching trying to get to a spot on tape. When I look inside its gullet, I can see a rubber/plastic guide that looks melted. I'm thinking that it just can't position the tape properly.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a company that does good work on these types of devices.

Thanks for any info.

I'm desperate to backup my Frontier! :-) Heh.