Re: How are we doing?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:11/28/1999; 3:49:11 PM
Topic:How are we doing?

Jakob thanks for the comments. If you have no objection, I'm going to use them in the background materials for Manila.

Re Undo, I agree that it's needed. However, we need a bit of time. I figure that the web is roughly at the same point in its development as an application deployment platform as the Apple II. Character based, with a smattering of graphics and a very limited set of UI tools for authors.

It'll all bust open when we directly connect desktop apps into the server. For us, the server is Manila. We'll be publishing a full scripting interface for Manila within two weeks, so any limits in browsers can be routed around. Before anyone complains that the interface will be proprietary and involves lock-in, the answer is no, it is open.