Re: How are we doing?

Author:Richard Sexton
Posted:11/30/1999; 3:20:48 PM
Topic:How are we doing?

I am very excited about Manila!

I've been following Frontier since the Clay Basket days and have built a few simple Frontier solutions over the years.

What interests me most about Manila is how it "generates" HTML (or whatever) using scripts and XML. Also, I've been waiting a long time for a good example of a Web-centric UI.

I really admire some of the ingeniously simple features like the glossary. As a Mac guy, I really dig the BBEdit menu-sharing. I found UserTalk to be a real solid scripting language and DocServer was very helpful in learning the language.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the product has evolved since I last used it in 98.

The only real mystery for me is how I can obtain an evaluation version of 6.1 without getting one of my student buddies to buy it for me.

I am pretty certain that I can put it to work somehow on our site but it would be difficult to justify the purchase without some kind of evaluation.

Lastly, I am really looking forward to participating in the Frontier community as soon as possible.

PS: outlines rock!

Richard Sexton
Web Developer
http://www.skillsvillage.com/about/