Re: Netscape and CSS

Author:Steve Bogart
Posted:12/11/1999; 6:36:51 AM
Topic:Netscape and CSS

Just to be clear: I consider an email reader and a news client to be unnecessary bells & whistles in a browser.

Ditto, hear hear, and what you said.

Personally, I'm trusting that enough skilled coders feel similarly (and it seems plenty do) that when a '1.0' Mozilla does make it out the door, somebody will take the source code in one hand and a machete in the other and provide a version for each platform that just browses. I will be thrilled to use that when it appears.

I too am frustrated that mozilla.org is choosing to work on all the 'extra' pieces before finishing the really important one, but since I'm not in a position to help with the coding, I'm being patient.

(FWIW, most of the time I use IE 4.5 on Mac and Opera 3.6 on Windows and expect that to remain the case until Mozilla escapes.)