Re: Netscape and CSS

Author:Dori Smith
Posted:12/11/1999; 12:22:23 AM
Topic:Netscape and CSS

In terms of adding a lot of bells and whistles, - nope, that's not what's happening.

Just to be clear: I consider an email reader and a news client to be unnecessary bells & whistles in a browser. And based on StatMarket surveys, so do over 80% of other surfers.

I also think that the calendar and editor parts are unecessary fluff that could have been cut to improve your time to market. And according to that same PC World article, Communicator 5 will also include built-in instant messaging, voice over IP, travel information, and news headlines. That's a lot of other things being added while claiming that the delay is solely due to implementing standards & quality.

Personally, I only changed over to IE fairly recently when it became clear that Netscape wasn't going to ship a 4.5 version of Navigator (vs. Communicator). I wanted the best browser, and Netscape was clearly saying that they were going to put their effort into things other than browsing. When y'all ship a browser, that's when I'll seriously consider making it my primary again.