Re: There's more than One Way to Market Content Mgmt Software

Author:Kate Adams
Posted:12/13/1999; 6:54:09 PM
Topic:There's more than One Way to Market Content Mgmt Software

*Another* smart Dave! They're all over! And they all have evil twins! Is that cool, or what?

I completely agree with Dave A's thoughts. As I recently wrote in an email:

"The Vignette business model is: Take bigtime advantage of stupid people in large corporations with lots of money and legacy data stuck in an Oracle database. That's what Site2 wanted to do, too. In some ways, that's what the company I work for wants to do (see http://www.ptc.com/products/windchill/collaboration/ds_foundation.htm). That's part of why I am so interested in Frontier and Manila. I want to show the world that one person can get a GOOD content management site up and running in Frontier with very little effort and at very little cost. If I can add version control and some workflow, I'm there!"

-Kate