Re: An RSS categorization proposal

Author:David Theige
Posted:12/16/1999; 10:16:23 AM
Topic:rss channels via email

what I've been looking for is a seed to start the process. Eaton's categorization may be that seed. What do yout think?

Pardon me for butting in here. The weblog space is obviously exploding. I'm biased, but I think that the future will see the development of many more focused, special issue logs. Eaton's categorization scheme, while quite useful at the moment, will not be up to the task. Why not use something more like Yahoo's categories? I'm happier to suggest this now that I know that they had help from library scientists. "qbullet.smiley" You could start out with just the top-level categories and add sub-categories as the need arises. (BTW, I think many of the "general" weblogs might fit into a "Society and Culture" category).