Re: Make Frontier/Manila answer on different IP

Author:Kurt J. Egger
Posted:12/20/1999; 5:59:13 PM
Topic:Make Frontier/Manila answer on different IP

Frontier as a standalone app cannot be restricted to a specific IP address of a host w/ multiple IPs. There is a workaround for this (I use it on my main frontier server):

Run Frontier behind the IIS:

  1. Install the Frontier/ISAPI dll for IIS.
  2. Restrict the default IIS webserver to the main IP address of your machine with the IIS Management Console
  3. Create a second IIS webserver instance, restrict it to the secondary IP address of your machine
  4. Setup to ISAPI filter (frontier.dll) with the "frontierGetsEverything.dll"

That should do the trick. You now should have two instances of IIS listening on port 80 on different IP addresses.

Note: I still use the built-in Frontier server on port 81 for use w/ RPC and WebEdit because of the 48kB POST limit of the current Frontier ISAPI Filter.