Re: Rant

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/6/2000; 5:35:03 AM
Topic:HTML Renderer in the MacOS

Blah blah blah blah blah.

EditThisPage.Com works fine on Linux, Mac, Windows.

In case you weren't aware, there already are a good number of websites that only work for Windows users. I hear Mac users griping about that all the time. They don't gripe about Apple's lack of support for the web in their OS, never happens, they just give the sites their pain. It's pointless. There are important things you can do on Windows that you can't do on the Mac, re the web.

Talk to Apple. See if they listen. All this smoke about pretty colors on the desktop is nice if that's what you like. But the Mac is a web machine, and it's never caught up to Windows.

I keep telling Microsoft people that I want the HTML control on the Mac and they keep telling me to talk to Apple.

So I'm doing the best I can, by talking to Apple users. Maybe you guys can pull some weight with your platform vendor. Maybe you don't want to even try. That's your choice.

Have a nice day!!